Find me on..

Tuesday 5 February 2013

Made In Wales, I Mean CHELSEA!

Good Afto' all. (Proper English Version)
I am so excited for this post. I could Pardy with a D, (and now I need one). But I am so excited for 3 reasons.
1. I get to introduce to you one of my FAV people.
2. It will be my FIRST GUEST BLOGGER.
3. I LOVE MADEIN CHELSEA!!!
 



So here we have Lauren, living in Wales currently, 17, and she's fun with a simple, easy but edgy style. She's wild, you'll love her, so Lauren...


"Right what the fetch do I write?

Firstly, what you need to know... is that my interest for fashion comes and goes, some days I will find myself deep in a time wasting pinterest cave planning every outfit out from now till eternity. And then some days I will wear virtually the same outfit to college 4 days in a row and change how I did my hair or something.

However, despite my lack of dedication to fashion, and my lack of funds, there are a few things that I can count on to rescue any outfit I throw together, and most of them inspired by the illustrious and luke-warm talent of the “Made in Chelsea” cast. Yes, MIC is my guilty pleasure, not because of the dubious acting, but the style, what I love about it, is that it exudes class, not of the social kind, but the standards kind, it’s so easy to be modest and still have a killer outfit when following in the footsteps of some of these ladies. AND you do not have to rinse your bank accounts to do it. So, without further ado, these are some of my fave Chelsea inspired looks:

 
 
 
So chuffed with my black studded boots purchase! At first I didn’t have the guts to take these babies out for a spin, but they can be a statement piece in an outfit so they are so handy when you need to make a quick decision! I picked up my pair from Miss Selfridges.
(Check out these amazing deals! Ebay is great for this sort of thing..)
 
 I got a mixed reaction from my friends when i purchased one of these hats from a vintage boutique, maybe some of them failed to realise that I am not trying to protect my face from the sun, but that this is a tremendously elegant look. It’s so feminine but can easily be paired with the studded boots or this leather jacket (which is also a must).


 
This isn’t the best picture but it’s all I could find of my shabby chic friend the green parka being worn by Caggie from the show, I got mine from fat face and it is probably the most worn item of clothing in my wardrobe. The versatility of this jacket makes it my actual life saver, I can dress it up and dress it down... and as a definite perk, it’s freaking toasty!









 
Millie mackintosh, possibly my favourite person on MIC rocks fur like no other, it’s never tacky, or over done and I never had any inclination towards the material until I saw that it lined nearly every one of her jackets or coats. Now, if I’m feeling particularly bold I can whap out a faux fur stole and immediately the outfit reeks of class.  







 
 



 
The Chelsea blow-dry, one of my absolute favourite hair dos if you have the time, and know how to it can turn your hair in to a sumptuous, elegant look for any length hair. Very easy to do, just using a radial brush and some rollers, you can create elegant waves that defy gravity, and if you’re looking for a more dressed up look, you can add some curls to the end. My love for all things Chelsea led me to Kate Middleton, who has become my absolute icon, so much so that i basically based my whole Prom ensemble on an outfit i saw her wearing at the War Horse Premier.





As much as I would have loved to get hold of this stunning Alice Temperly gown, i nearly wept when I found my dress from Jane Norman for only £48, then paired my gown with a classic Chelsea blow-dry and voila, you have my homage to Kate Middleton, which in a delightfully royal turn of events, landed me prom queen. Can’t go wrong with a Chelsea inspired look. "
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
AND THERE WE HAVE IT. Love her as much as me?!
If you haven't caught up on MADE IN CHELSEA you better start. It's the bomb shizzle.
Lots of love Jessica B xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment